The Birth of Billy Findlay
William McCall Findlay signed for Hibernian back in June 1987 from Kilmarnock BC. although he celebrates eight years at Easter Road this summer, Billy’s still only 24. He’s been in Hibs starting line up 14 times this season and come on as a sub on another seven occasions. The Aryshire man has four Scotland under 21 caps.
- Which team did you support as a boy?
- Liverpool because of Kenny Dalgliesh
- How do you think your game could improve?
- i need to be more consistent.
- What is your number one football ambition?
- Obviously you’d love to play from your country
- Hibbies apart,who is the best player in the Premier Division?
- I’d have to say Laudrup – he’s ahead of the pack.
- Can hibs qualify for Europe this season?
- definitely, but we’ve got to keep working hard and hopefully there will be a place for us when all the games are by.
- Outside football, what do you do to relax?
- I go swimming most of the time , and for a few saunas, Or stay in and watch TV with my girlfriend , Doreen.
- Favourite TV shop then?
- I better not say a soap opera [laughs] well, okay, Brookside.
- What household chore do you hate the most?
- Making my bed!
- If there’s one item of clothing you’re embarrassed to admit owning, what would it be?
- Er, looking back, burgundy stay-press trousers.
- If your house was on fire, which object would you try and say?
- The car keys because I’ve just bought a new motor, a vauxhall Cavalier.
details from the hibs vs motherwell game on 18th February 1992